ROCKAWAY, NJ, Sept. 21, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — electroCore, Inc. (Nasdaq: ECOR), a commercial-stage bioelectronic medicine company, today announced that the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO ) has issued four patents related to its noninvasive vagus nerve stimulation (nVNS) and other technologies, including the following patents:
- U.S. Patent No. 11,406,825 entitled “Mobile Phone for Treating a Patient with Dementia” issued August 9, 2022. This patent generally relates to nVNS therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as dementia or Alzheimer’s disease with a pacemaker coupled to a mobile device, such as a mobile phone;
- U.S. Patent No. 11,432,760 titled “Devices and Methods for Remote Therapy and Patient Monitoring” issued September 6, 2022. This patent generally relates to nVNS which includes a pacemaker coupled to a mobile device, such as a telephone mobile, the stimulator being capable of transmitting data to the mobile device which includes, among other things, the position of the electrode(s) on the surface of the skin relative to the target nerve;
- U.S. Patent No. 11,439,818 entitled “Electrical Nerve Stimulation to Treat Gastroparesis, Functional Dyspepsia, and Other Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders” issued September 13, 2022. This patent generally relates to nVNS therapies for the treatment of postoperative ileus; and
- U.S. Patent No. 11,446,491 entitled “Stimulator for Use with a Mobile Device” issued September 20, 2022. This patent is another in the series of patents that electroCore has received which are generally related to the use of nerve stimulators with mobile devices, such as a cell phone. The patent includes device and method claims for generating an electrical pulse with a stimulator coupled to a mobile device and applying the electrical pulse through an outer surface of the skin to a target site in the patient.
“We are delighted to have obtained these four new patents from the USPTO, which strengthen our portfolio of intellectual patents,” said Dan Goldberger, president and CEO of electroCore. “These new patents support our mobile connectivity platform, using mobile devices paired with a pacemaker to deliver nVNS therapy. The addition of these patents underscores our commitment to advancing therapy beyond those who suffer from migraines and cluster headaches, and we look forward to continuing to explore the role of nVNS for various conditions.
About electroCore, Inc.
electroCore, Inc. is a commercial-stage bioelectronic medicine company dedicated to improving patient outcomes through its noninvasive vagus nerve stimulation therapy platform, initially focused on treating multiple conditions in neurology. The company’s current indications are the preventive treatment of cluster headache and migraine, the acute treatment of migraine and episodic cluster headache, the acute and preventive treatment of migraine in adolescent, paroxysmal hemicrania and continuous hemicrania in adults.
For more information, visit www.electrocore.com.
gammaCore™ (nVNS) is the first non-invasive manual medical therapy applied to the neck to treat migraine and cluster headache through the use of mild electrical stimulation of the vagus nerve that passes through the skin. Designed as a portable, easy-to-use technology, gammaCore is self-administered by patients as needed without the potential side effects associated with commonly prescribed medications. When placed on a patient’s neck above the vagus nerve, gammaCore stimulates the nerve’s afferent fibers, which may result in reduced pain for patients.
gammaCore (nVNS) is cleared by the FDA in the United States for adjunctive use for the preventive treatment of cluster headaches in adult patients, the acute treatment of pain associated with episodic cluster headaches in adult patients, and the acute treatment and preventive of migraine in adolescents (12 years and older) and adult patients, and paroxysmal hemicrania and continuous hemicrania in adult patients. gammaCore is CE marked in the European Union for the acute and/or prophylactic treatment of primary headaches (Migraine, Cluster Headache, Trigeminal
Autonomic headaches and continuous hemicrania) and medication overuse headaches in adults.
gammaCore is contraindicated for patients if they:
- Have an active implantable medical device, such as a pacemaker, hearing aid implant, or other implanted electronic device
- Having a metal device, such as a stent, bone plate, or bone screw, implanted at or near the neck
- Use another device at the same time (eg TENS unit, muscle stimulator) or any portable electronic device (eg cell phone)
The safety and efficacy of gammaCore have not been evaluated in the following patients:
- Adolescent patients with congenital heart problems
- Patients diagnosed with narrowing of the arteries (carotid atherosclerosis)
- Patients who have had surgery to cut the vagus nerve in the neck (cervical vagotomy)
- Pediatric patients (under 12 years old)
- Pregnant women
- Patients with clinically significant hypertension, hypotension, bradycardia or tachycardia
For more information, visit gammaCore.com.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, statements regarding business prospects and clinical and product development plans. ‘electroCore; its pipeline or potential markets for its technologies; the timing, results and impact of regulatory, clinical and commercial developments; the issuance of US and international patents providing extended IP coverage; the possibility of future business models and revenue streams from the company’s potential combination of nVNS and smartphone or app-based technologies; the availability and impact of payer coverage, the potential of nVNS in general and gammaCore in particular and other statements that are not historical in nature, particularly those using terms such as “anticipates”, “s ‘expects’, ‘believes’, ‘intends’, other words of similar meaning, derivations of these words and the use of future dates. Actual results could differ from those projected in the forward-looking statements due to many factors. These factors include, among others, the ability to obtain additional financing necessary to pursue electroCore’s business, sales and marketing and product development plans, the uncertainties inherent in the development of new products or technologies, the ability to successfully market gammaCore™, competition in the industry in which electroCore operates and general market conditions. All forward-looking statements are made as of the date of this press release, and electroCore undertakes no obligation to update the forward-looking statements or to update the reasons why actual results could differ from those projected in the forward-looking statements. , unless necessary. by the law. Investors should refer to all information contained herein and should also refer to the disclosure of risk factors set forth in reports and other filings by electroCore with the SEC, available at www.sec.gov.
#electroCore #strengthens #patent #portfolio #issuance #patents